About Us

The Center’s history is characterized by continued growth and expansion to meet the needs of individuals with speech, language and hearing disabilities.  Founded in 1936 by community leader Margaret Gibbons, and known originally as the League for the Hard of Hearing, HSCFchanged its name in 1961 to reflect the expansion of its services with speech therapy.  At this time, the organization also pioneered the county-wide preschool hearing-speech screening program.  Another critical dimension was added in the 1980s – the provision of hearing testing and the dispensing of hearing aids.  Occupational therapy services were implemented in the 1990s, and in 1993 the Hearing and Speech Center received the United Way Excellence in Management Award for exemplary fiscal and program excellence.

 
 

 

 

 

 


 
 
   
 
         
© 2017 Hearing & Speech Center of Florida | Website Design by web305.com